Saturday, July 8, 2017

The Longest Skincare Routine I've Ever Had Yet : 9+ Steps!


I’ve honestly really never been too huge on skincare (I know right, gasp!). I’ve always really kept it simple with just facial wash, maybe some micellar water after and on a rare occasion some moisturizer. On even rarer occasions, I might do a mask. So, how is it that from a less than four-step-night time skincare routine, I got to a routine that utilize this many products??? NINE products to be exact. Plus some extra ones on some other nights. Even I ask myself that sometimes. I guess its just that I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos and also getting a lot of advice from friends about certain skin care habits they follow.

There were also a lot of products in the market that I really wanted to try out.  So here is my current skincare routine going by product and by step:

Asides from just using a facial wash, I use a technique that apparently Koreans do which is the triple cleanse. (it becomes quadruple if I have eye makeup and then have to utilize an eye makeup remover.) So the product I use for that is :



Nuxe Melting Cleansing Gel
the first step of a triple cleanse is to use some sort of oil or gel remover. Basically the idea for this is to melt down all the makeup, dirt or sweat that you may have accumulated during the day. It makes it that much easier to wash and soap off everything with :



           Nuxe Purifying Cleansing Gel
     This is what I currently use as a facial wash. I like this because it’s gentle and it makes my face feel really soft and smooth. Plus it’s supposed to close up or make big pores smaller.

  
      Bioderma Micellar Water   
     I then put micellar water in a cotton swab and wipe it all over my face. This is to wipe of any excess dirt and just further cleanse my face.


   
      Simple Eye Make-up Remover 
    This is one of the best eye makeup removers I’ve ever tried! This product does the job perfectly – especially when you have super hard to remove mascara! It’s also really gentle. I could not recommend this product anymore!




      Nuxe Toner  Skin Perfecting Purifying Lotion 
   apply this toner by patting it on my face. I do so because I watched a video on some YouTube vlogger and that’s how she did it. I figure it’s the most gentle way as I’m already rubbing my entire face with Micellar Water on cotton. I think it’s also a good way for my skin to absorb the product.


      Avalon Organics Facial Serum with Vtamin C
      My friends and also the girl at the beauty shop told me that vitamin c serum is one of the best ways to clear up your skin – not necessarily all your blemishes but it helps brighten up your face and erase all the scars left by previous pimples. I decided to try out this organic one that I found in a health shop.



      Nuxe Anti-Fatigue Moisturizing Cream
     This one feels and smells so creamy and luxurious! It makes my face feel so soft when I wake up the next morning



      Nuxe Anti-Fatigue Moisturizing Eye Cream 
      This is the very first eye cream I’ve ever used in my life. To be honest I don’t really know if it works or not. I don’t really suffer from any eye bags, dark under eye circles or wrinkles yet so hopefully this product is working by way of preventing all those ageing points I mentioned!


     Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
     This product is really a great one for removing for blemishes. I break out a lot and this is a really good
     spot treatment that works. The pimple usually dries up a day or two after using it.





     Extra Products I use on some nights :
  

         Origins Active Charcoal Mask
     This is for removing more dirt from my face. It sort of acts like a deep exfoliant that I try to do once a week

      Sheet Masks
     These masks are all mostly for hydration, I love the ones from Lululun that I got from Japan! Timeless Truth from Taiwan and also Innisfree Masks from Korea are awesome!

     Skin Food Egg White Pore Mask
     this mask is supposed to close up your pores, I’ve actually only used it once but I’m looking forward to try it a few more times to see if it actually works!

     Pore Strips - Variety of Brands
    lately I’ve been addicted to pore strips – especially the ones for the nose. There is just something so satisfying about pulling out all that gunk from your pores don’t you think??

What about you guys? How many steps do you have in your skincare routine?

No comments:

Post a Comment