Friday, April 1, 2016

The Grilled Cheese Diaries : Bacon, Manchego and Honey

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

It's April 1 today guys! You know what that means! And nope, I don't mean April Fools! I mean that it's the start of National Grilled Cheese Month! What better way to start it than with a delicious combination of Manchego, bacon and honey? Read on to find out more!
I know you're probably thinking...erm Manchego in a grilled cheese? Does it even melt well? Normally, even I myself eat Manchego as is. Cut up and cold. It wasn't until I was out for some wine and cheese with my sister and her husband and they requested the Manchego to be served slightly heated. Man it was so, so goooood. So the grilled cheese recipe ideas started whirling in my head and I started thinking up of so many other things that would go with the cheese.  I know that it doesn't come out to super ooey gooey melty goodness like mozzarella but I promise you that this combination with bacon and honey is bloody amazing. (hello, anything with bacon, really right?) Anyway, on to the recipe.

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

Ingredients : Cooked bacon, sliced bread, sliced Manchego, honey
*Edit : For those who do not know - Manchego is a Spanish cheese made from sheep's milk.

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

Layer one side of the bread with two slices of Manchego then lather some honey on top of the cheese.

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

Put the bacon on top of the cheese and honey.

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

Put another layer of cheese and some more honey.

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

Top it with the other slice of bread and then fry not more than two minutes per side. Don't forget to put butter in the pan!

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey



Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

And that's it really! A little bite of heaven for such a simple recipe.

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

Grilled Cheese Recipe Bacon Manchego and Honey

What do you guys think?


Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: celynps
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely pics dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun recipe but, honestly, I don't know what Manchego is. And I'm a cheese-lover. Need to go learn more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make a mean grilled cheese! aaaand now im hungry :)

    http://notjessfashion.com/orange-crush/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so yummy (and this is coming from someone who hate cheese!)

    Christina ♡ from Okay Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgoodness my mouth is watering looking at this recipe! I love grilled cheese and this recipe is such a fun take on it!

    XO
    StyleByPear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good and delicious, thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! looks delicious. Nice weekend.
    xo Yvonne
    www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so yummy!
    Hugs,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks amazing! Love finding new recipes that are easy to make at home.

    xo
    Amanda
    www.fashionablyclearance.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty blog, I can't get over your header haha! It's beautiful and so is this sandwich, I never would have thought to add honey before but it looks so gooood :D I'm now following on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so yummy, great post ! xx

    http://alfreedz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhh this looks so delicious! Great and easy recipe! I want it now! :)

    -Tatiana
    We Shop in Heels

    ReplyDelete