Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Chicken Stirfry with Toasted Almonds


I recently made this chicken stir fry dish that is super easy to make! It tastes really good too! It's basically just some chicken breast sauteed in Asian flavors with string beans and toasted almonds. What I do is roast some chicken breast ahead with just salt, pepper and olive oil. I roast it with the bone in. It makes a huge difference to the taste if you cook chicken breast with the bone in as it comes out more moist and tasty. I learned this from one of my faves, Ina Garten. She always recommends to cook chicken breast with the bone and skin in. Then after you can just take the bones out and skin (if you don't' like it) and then use the cooked chicken in salads and any other recipes that calls for breast. Read more below to see the rest of my dish!



Ingredients : slivered almonds, green onion, calamansi


Ingredients : French string beans, red onion, garlic.


Ingredients : Oyster Sauce, pepper, salt, fish sauce.


Ingredients : Cooked chicken breast ( bone and skin in )


Saute the garlic and onions in canola oil. Throw in the french beans and saute for about three minutes.


Cut up the chicken and take the bones out and put it in with the beans. Add the oyster and fish sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze some calamansi all over.


Add in the green onion and toasted almonds.


Serve and enjoy!




It really is such an easy dish to make and so tasty too! Complete recipe down below!

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: celynps
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

Chicken Stirfry with Toasted Almonds

Ingredients:

2 chicken breasts (cooked ahead)
3 cloves garlic
1 red onion
2 pcs. calamansi
250 grams french string beans
2 green onions
1 1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions:

Saute Garlic and onions for about a minute.

Add in the beans and cook for about 2-3 minutes.

Add chicken and mix. Put in fish sauce, then oyster sauce and mix well. Sprinkle some pepper and if desired, salt.

Squeeze some calamansi juice all over.

Top with green onions and toasted almonds.


11 comments:

  1. Looks super yummy!
    xx
    theblackblush.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really delicious, almonds are one of my favourites, i'll try this at home . Thanks for sharing the recipe

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love everything! great photos :D

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! These pictures make me so hungry! ;) Have a great day! xo Vivian

    http://twoward.com
    IG: @twowardvivian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so yummy! I love homemade stir fry! I feel like it is so much healthier than restaurant versions too.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing and I really like that there are not that many ingredients involved in making this! Such a great post, definitely need to try this out!

    Denise | Fashion Love Letters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, this is NOT what I want to see while I am so hungry for dinner. But it does look incredible... xxx

    afashionneverland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious!! I'll try it soon!! ;)
    XoXo
    www.colourvibes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look so tasty! yum

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks scrummy! I would love the crunch from the almonds!

    P.s have you seen my Inks box? See details here: https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/shop/

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete