Thursday, April 9, 2015

The Grilled Cheese Diaries : Caprese Style


Happy National Grilled Cheese Month! As mentioned in the first cheese post of the month, I will be putting more recipes than usual this month on The Grilled Cheese Diaries Series on the blog to celebrate the month. I also mentioned that some of these  will be guest posted by my sister. Today she shares her version of a Caprese Style grilled cheese. Caprese style salad is basically a buffalo mozarella-tomato-basil concoction. My sister's version is translated into a sandwich and  features a lot of yummy things like arugula, tomatoes and of course cheese! Read on to see more of the recipe!




Ingredients : baguette, buffalo mozzarella or any soft white cheese (I used native "quesong puti" for this one), large ripe tomato, arugula, balsamic vinegar
Oh and butter. Of course.


Cut the bread open, butter the insides.
Put on the grill for a couple minutes till lightly crisp.


Meanwhile, slice cheese and tomatoes thinly as shown.


Toss arugula with balsamic vinegar,salt to taste.


Remove bread from grill once lightly toasted.


Layer on each piece of bread as follows: cheese, tomato, arugula.


Close and flatten slightly. Butter top portion and return to grill, buttered side down.
Grill for a few minutes till cheese starts to melt. Butter the other side and carefully flip so both sides are evenly grilled.


We recommend serving  it with a cucumber lime smash - perfect cocktail for the warm summer days ahead!

*Cucumber lime smash - lightly mash peeled cucumber, pieces of lime, and mint at bottom of glass. Put desired ice and portion of Dry Gin, top with tonic water.

What do you guys think?

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: celynps
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

17 comments:

  1. Oh gosh this looks so good! Is there anything left for me?! ;)

    xxx Linsey from POSE-BLOG.com

    You can also check my BLOGLOVIN & FACEBOOK if you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks soooooooooooo goooood! WANT!!! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! xx


    kacytalksbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm completely obsessed with anything caprese (salad, pizza, and yes, sandwich!)
    so good! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Looks delicious :)

    Head over to my blog and check out what I’m upto :)

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Che fame!!!!
    Baci,
    Marina
    www.maridress.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so yummy!
    Very nice blog by the way :)

    Kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks yummy!!!!

    http://shareasecretmag.com/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could eat this everyday for a week! It is a lovely sandwich - yeah cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, this looks amazing! Grilled cheese is my fave!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  11. So easy and yum! Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know there's such thing as National Grilled Cheese month. I want to try making this one. It looks easy to do and super yummyyy! <3

    Looking forward to see more of your posts. Do you have an instagram account? Maybe we could follow each other. Let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or sending me a request. I'll follow back :) Thanks!

    IG: @shairangelique

    Have a nice day!

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bread makes me so sad! Makes me miss it so much. The fluffy white stuff! Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, how did I not know that this is National Grilled Cheese month?! Luckily, I will be celebrating tonight since that's already on the menu. Love the caprese flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUM. Delicious sandwich. I LOVED fresh mozzarella but can't eat it anymore. Instead, I substitute avocados. It's still creamy and melts in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete