Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Grilled Cheese Diaries : Lebanese Inspired


Seven years ago (gosh has it been that long???) I lived for about ten months in Paris. It was one of the most wonderful experiences in my life. Until now I still keep dreaming about all the food I ate while I was there. Do you want to know something though? The food that I keep dreaming about is not  even French food at all. Ironic right? It was food from all other nationalities living in Paris. In my opinion, the Chinese food was the best in Paris. The Greek, the Japanese and the Indian food was amazing. The Lebanese (first time I ever tried this kind of cuisine) in Paris was also so, so good. My roommate and I used to go to this stand near the Pompidou that had the BEST wraps. Their wraps consisted of ingredients that I didn't even think worked well together like mint and grilled cheese.

It all sounds so interesting right? Anyway, I can't remember exactly the name of the stand and hopefully If I ever make it back to Paris, I can still go there and try to find it. For now I tried to recreate it with flavors that I remember tasting and also researching what spices to uses to make my own wrap Lebanese. Of course I had to put in mint leaves (it was the most essential part i think!) plus several cheese and spices like cumin and cinnamon. Read on to see how I made my own version of a Lebanese inspired grilled cheese.


Ingredients : Ground cumin seed, pepper, ground cinnamon, cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, a tortilla wrap, mint leaves, garlic, fresh nutmeg, chicken breast.


Cut up the chicken breast into small chunks like these.


Chop up the garlic and mint leaves.


Saute the chicken breast in garlic and a bit of olive oil. Add in the cumin seed, cinnamon, black pepper and grate the fresh nutmeg all over. Mix everything all together in the pan.


Add some of the chopped mint leaves and let it wilt for a bit in the pan.


Assemble the wrap : Put in the cooked chicken, cut up both kinds of cheeses and put in a generous amount. Sprinkle in the rest of the mint leaves on top.


Grill the wrap on both sides until cheese is melted and you see these lovely grill marks.


Enjoy!

The combination of the spices and mint leaves with ooey gooey melted cheese is so good! It may not sound like the usual combo for a grilled cheese sandwich but you should try it out, it's different but delicious!


 Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: celynps
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!


22 comments:

  1. This is such a unique recipe! I've never seen a grilled cheese like this before. I love the combination of different spices! I will definitely be adding this to my "recipes to try" list. Thanks for sharing!

    Kisses from Buenos Aires xx
    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! You had me at "grilled cheese!" This looks like such a great recipe! And thanks for the cuisine recommendations in Paris! The first time I went, I lived on pizza & the second I had Italian food... so I'll definitely branch out next time :)

    xo, K
    www.BKCsquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love this pastry.
    I've tried it an it's delicious.
    You did great for a home made one.
    XO

    Check my new post.
    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dish. Many cities are magnets for good food 'cause they draw in ethnic cuisines that surprise and please us. Everyone should live in Paris once in their life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious! :D
    have a good weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I wish I can live in Paris for 10 months as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks really delicious!

    Janelle | Styles & Prints

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could travel to Paris! The image looks yummy!!

    Sarah
    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!! Yummy!!
    Kisses from Spain.
    Xoxo, P.

    My Showroom




    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool!

    Check out my new Post on my Fashion & Travel Blog about London!

    http://carrieslifestyle.wordpress.com

    Posts about Beijing, the Provence, Hollywood...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I Like your blog very much! I found your posts very interesting! And also I like your beautiful photos! I know that blog requires much time, but keep doing it!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so yummy. The perfect recipe for lunch or a quick supper after one of those long days at work.
    Red Reticule
    Red Reticule | YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm following you now on gfc.Hope you will follow me back!
    LA BORSA DI MARTINA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great dish and amazing pictures..

    Interested in following each other via GFC ?
    Get..Set..Blush.!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Nicely done! awesome post :)

    http://salonfurnish.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, this looks incredible! I could really go for one of those right now!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. yummy this looks so good
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. yummy this looks so good!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm half Lebanese :) if you go to Edgware Road in London there's no end of Lebanese restaurants! This is a yummy recipe! Although I might substitute the chicken as I became a vegetarian a little while back x

    AmandaSays

    ReplyDelete