Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Chicken Provencal


                                                                                   
For my last birthday, my cousin gave me this really awesome cookbook called "Engagement Chicken" It is a really fun and girly cookbook that had a lot of recipes that every woman should know and one of them turned out to be Chicken Provencal. I have heard of this dish before but I realized that I have not actually ever tried or cooked it myself! I read the recipe and made a version of it. I did my own modifications too. The result is a really flavorful and delicious dish with herbs and wine and other ingredients like olives and pimiento. Read on to see more!




Ingredients : salt, pepper, white wine, olive oil, pimientos, black olives, thyme, herbes de provence, flour, onion, garlic, butter and chicken breasts.


Chop up the onions, garlic, pimiento and olives. Chop up the chicken breasts.


Season the breasts with salt and pepper then dredge in flour. Shake off excess.


Fry chicken in olive oil (and a bit of butter)


Cook the chicken until it is slightly golden brown on each side.


Set aside cooked chicken in a platter.


In the same pan, saute the garlic and onions. Add some white wine and then some herbs.


Dump in the olives and pimientos and let simmer for a few minutes.


Put in the chicken and toss it all in - making sure all flavors coat the chicken evenly. Cover pan and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.

Serve and enjoy!





What do you guys think? See below for complete recipe!

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: celynps
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe


All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

Chicken Provencal

Ingredients :

3 Chicken Breasts (Butterfly cut)
3/4 cup flour
1 can (200g)  of pimiento
1/4 bottle of olives
3/4 cup white wine
3 cloves garlic
1 med. sized onion
saslt and pepper (to taste)
1 tsp. Herbes de provence
1/2 tsp. thyme
1 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:

- Cut up chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken cuts in flour
- Fry i butter and olive oil until each side is a light golden brown.
- Set aside chicken.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic and onions. Add some white wine and then the herbs. 
- Add the olives and pimientos and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Add in the chicken and coat all pieces with the sauce. Cover and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes.



24 comments:

  1. I'm such a fan of black olives and have never tried this recipe!! thanks so much for sharing!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looks absolutely delicious! What a cute idea for a gift!

    Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this recipe, it looks so yummy!
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious!! I bet this would taste really good served cold, too! Maybe mixed in with a salad or pasta salad? Yum!

    Kisses from Buenos Aires xx
    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe! :)

    Recently I have started as a guest designer for a famous bag brand and my first design of a belt bag is out! <3 I would love to hear what you think about it! :)
    Hope to see you soon on my blog
    www.beneaththecoat.com
    Bloglovin
    Facebook :)

    Kisses from Zurich,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! I know what I will be making for dinner this week now :)

    xx,
    Kayla
    Eat Play Dress

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so delicious.
    Thanks for sharing.
    I'll try this one too :)
    XO

    http://thebandwagonchic.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks absolutely yummy! Never tried anything like this but now I would be willing to lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh gosh! looks so yummy dear :)

    http://lavinajampit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I'm following your lovely blog! This looks so yummy and I'll have to try out the recipe, x

    Beyond The Velvet | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks delicious

    http://www.lecoolbycarol.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks amazing! :) x

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
  13. So yummy! It must taste so good! Thanks for sharing Miss!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! I enjoyed this post a lot. Happy weekend. :)

    xoxo;
    STYLEFORMANKIND.COM
    Facebook / Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks delicious. I want to try it for myself. Maybe i'll try cooking this next time. :)

    I'm now following you on bloglovin. Hope you'll do the same :)

    Looking forward to see more of your posts!
    Have a nice day, Celyn! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    http://www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so delicious *.*
    *new follower in the blog :)
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like a real treat.
    Thanks so much for ur comment on my blog ! If you want we can follow each other on GFC ,Bloglovin/G+..Let me know !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum! That sounds amazing! Appreciate you stopping by my blog!

    xx, Leah / Eat Pray Wear Love

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks delicious! Love new ideas to spruce up chicken :)


    www.veryveryquiet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks so delicious :)
    http://tealattewithstyle.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a delicious recipe! The name "Chicken Provencal" rings the bell. I might've had it a very long time ago. May be in Europe somewhere. I am going to make your recipe. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete