Friday, January 23, 2015

The Grilled Cheese Diaries : Grilled Ham, Jam and Cheese


I bet you guys didn't think that the combination of ham, cheese and strawberry jam was good! I thought it was weird too at first but once I tried it out, I discovered that it was amazing! The combination of the sweet strawberry jam and the saltiness from the ham and melted cheese was divine. It's not a complicated recipe and you can pretty much use whatever flavor of jam you want.





Ingredients : Strawberry jam, bread, mozarella cheese, cheddar cheese, farmer's ham


Spread the jam on one side of the bread. (you can do both sides if you want more sweetness!)


Pile up the cheeses and ham.


And you're ready to grill!


Don't forget to put butter on the pan before grilling. Cook about 2 minutes per side, or until cheese melts and bread turns golden. I like my bread to get just a teeny bit burnt.


Voila! It's such fabulous combination of flavors!

What do you guys think?

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe


All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

16 comments:

  1. We're not sure how we feel about strawberry jelly with ham and cheese but it does sound interesting. We'll have to give it a try!

    xx 365Hangers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post!! I'll have to try something like this xx


    elly from alldeathbydiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Right up my alley :-)

    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried jam with a toasted cheese, but after seeing these pictures I'm definitely giving it a try...it sounds delicious!! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, I've never thought of adding jam into my grilled cheese sandwich but I definitely will after reading your post. It'll definitely a new twist, thank you for the idea!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know what this remind me of? A Monte Cristo! Which is essentially ham, cheese, bread (the originals which were deep fried), but now they're grilled and they're served with jam and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. And let me tell you - they are amazing, and one of my favorite sandwiches! So I'll be these taste amazing! Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Just followed you on GFC and Bloglovin, would you please follow me back? :)

    Michaella from http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sandwich looks so delicious! We love grilled sandwiches and the addition of jam would be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely want to try that strawberry with the grilled cheese. Sounds like it adds the perfect amount of sweetness that sometimes a home-y grilled cheese needs! New follower here - check out my blog too! =)

    xx Lindsay

    Wandering 20-Something // Lifestyle Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is totally different than anything I've seen, but hey, if you say it's worth a shot then I need to try it! I like all the ingredients in here, so why not together, I'm going to have to give it a try =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fig jam (among others) with cheeses on a cheese plate and love it, so it completely makes sense to make grilled cheese with jam...and ham! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had one of the best grilled cheeses in Marfa, TX from a strange museum. It had brussels sprout and caramelized onions. My heavens it was heaven. I like to use jalapeno jelly to add a sweet and spicy mix.
    Texas Jak
    www.novermyhead.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah! In Norway where I am from, cheese and jam has been pretty popular for years, I guess it is because we don't use chutneys and marmalades and the like as much as other parts of the world. This sounds and looks so good with the melted cheese though, yum! x

    ReplyDelete