Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Leftover Diaries : Chicken Salad With Mint Leaves


Remember this really easy chicken dish that I posted last week? It will be the first dish  for the outcome of a brand new series on the blog titled : "The Leftover Diaries". Growing up, my parents always taught us to never ever waste food. No matter how small the remainder of whatever dish we're having, we always keep it then reheat it to eat again. If reheating and re-eating the same food sounds boring to you, then think again. Leftovers can also be turned into a brand new dish! Read on to see how I turned this leftover dish of chicken into a yummy and refreshing salad.



About 5 or 6 years ago, I lived about a year in Paris. I remember everything there tasted so good ESPECIALLY the salads. I wasn't really into salads (nor any kind of vegetables for that matter) then. I was really surprised at how the restaurants always came up with such winning and flavorful salads. 

There was this one salad I tried that had all these gorgeous Asian flavors and a hint of mint in it. It wasn't until I made this chicken dish last week when I thought: Hey! The flavors in this dish are familiar! They remind me of this certain salad I used to eat in Paris! All it lacked were the mint leaves and some more sesame oil and seeds. And so the chicken dish got turned into this delightful salad.

Easy Chicken Dish : the leftovers of this will be made into a delicious salad.

Ingredients : Lettuce leaves, low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, a calamansi, sesame seeds, mint leaves and the leftover chicken.



Mix the  low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, brown sugar and calamansi thoroughly. That is the dressing of the salad. Toss in all in with the lettuce and leftover chicken. Sprinkle in chopped mint leaves and sesame seeds all over the top.

And there you have it! A refreshing and tasty salad made from leftovers!

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and new series. I also hope it will inspire more people to rethink leftovers and recreate them into something yummy instead of throwing them away.


Happy Eating!

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

15 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy!! Thanks for sharing.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks great! =)
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    NEW POST on http://whattostyle.blogspot.com/

    Instagram | Twitter | Bloglovin

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm this sounds great! so hard to know what to do with leftovers so I really apreciate this post. xx. gigi. www.gigikkitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks delicious!

    http://touchofcollege.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mint in salads? I've never heard of that before. I eat salads all the time, probably at least 5 times a week. Best invention ever and require no cooking!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks phenomenal! Making me hungry!

    Eva | The Garment Rack

    ReplyDelete
  8. I mean living in Paris for a year is just dreamy in itself!! This salad looks delicious and I love the mint leaves!

    Maggie
    www.PolishedClosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. A year in Paris sounds amazing and this looks incredible!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4602025

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a good idea to add the mint leaves to the salad - a perfect way to use up leftovers :)

    Gabby xo

    Blog - What She Buys / Instagram / Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know and I will follow you right away :)

    Michaella from http://quitealooker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking so delicious!! Great idea!!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que nueva pinta tiene
    Un besito
    www.guapayconestilo.com

    ReplyDelete