Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Formal Wear

Adrianna Papell

I can't even tell you how many weddings I'm going to these coming months. It seems a lot of my friends decided to have a meeting and voted on getting married all within the space of the same three months! Now most of the weddings here are always strictly formal. I thought I'd come up with a post showcasing gorgeous long gowns/dresses in honor of all the weddings I'm going to this year. I hope you guys will find some inspiration from these pretty dresses too!




BCBG Max Azria

Bon Ton NW Collections

David Meister

Eliza J 

Kay Unger New York

ML Monique Lhuillier

Teri Jon

I always love wearing black to formal occasions. However I also have to consider that some wedding parties are pretty strict with color. Like, if you go to a Chinese Family's wedding, then wearing black or white is a big No-no. One of the best colors to wear for me is a neutral or champagne color. It's sleek and chic and it is shades darker than white so that you won't steal the bride's thunder. There's nothing wrong also with wearing different colors like blue, red and purple. Remember to always keep in mind the theme and attire of the wedding. Always dress accordingly and most importantly appropriately.

What do you guys think? What do you normally wear to weddings?

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dresses!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful picks! I honestly haven't been to a wedding in ages and the last time I went I was a bridesmaid so I would have no idea what to wear!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love champagne coloured dresses - very chic! X

    Shaqinah // Shoes & Roses

    ReplyDelete
  4. That red dress is gorg! Check out Ann Taylor, they just came out with some formal wear!

    Happy Tuesday!!
    Morgan
    www.eenymeenyminymorgan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that first gown
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Champagne dresses look so good! I love getting dressed up, and love a good formal dress that doesn't look "normal". Different is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are darling! I can't believe I'm just finding your blog <3

    My Fashion Fancies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love that first Adrianna Papell dress! Have you considered using Rent the Runway for any of the upcoming weddings you're attending? I did it for the first time back in February for a formal wedding...best decision ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice selection..these dresses are fab..i like the last 2
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm a new followe(COlorBlock=follow me back if you want
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love that first dress! The color is so pretty! BCBG makes amazing ones too!
    poshprime.com
    ~~Megan~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. wao it is to informative post such types of person that use online way of shopping. you have added nice collection of dresses. Ladies Formal Wear

    ReplyDelete