Sunday, October 12, 2014

Cheat Day : Mac And Cheese with Thick Cut Bacon



I know almost everyone is into eating healthy these days. That includes me too - I've really been trying my best to eat well and cutting out all the bad food from my diet. But then sometimes, I crave for the not so healthy dishes. I think it's totally okay to break from your diet once in awhile and have a delicious and delightfully sinful cheat day. Having this yummy Mac N Cheese with Thick cut bacon (good lord, how much more sinful can you get? ) is definitely my idea of a fine cheat meal! The thick cut bacon is homemade, one of my friend's family makes it. Definitely tastes so much better than store brought ones! Read on to see how I made this!





Ingredients : Milk, Parmesan Cheese, thyme, pepper, olive oil with truffle, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, onion, cheddar cheese, butter, flour, shell shaped pasta and thick cut bacon.


Boil the Pasta. Just follow the directions given on the Packet.


Bring out the flour, milk and butter to make some Bechamel sauce. I won't go into detail on how I made the sauce as I have already posted about it some time ago. Click HERE to check that out!


Cut the bacon into small chucks and in a separate pan, cook it until  slighty crispy. Take it out from the pan and transfer to some paper towels to absorb some of the excess fatty oil..


In the same pan that you cooked the bacon, saute the garlic and onions. You may cook it in the remaining bacon fat so there will be added flavor, but if you think that's too fattening, then you can always scrape it off and replace it with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (like I did).


Bring back the bacon to the pan after one to two minutes of sauteing the garlic and onions.


Add in the Bechamel Sauce to the Bacon mix.



Add the cheeses and some pepper and thyme into the mix. Dump in some truffle olive oil too so the taste and lovely smell of it will be felt in this dish!


Toss in the cooked pasta and top with some more Parmesan Cheese before serving.

I didn't bake it anymore because I thought it was already pretty yummy served like this, but if you want to take the dish a notch higher, then you can always spread some breadcrumbs and a lot more cheese on top and bake it for about twenty minutes.





What do you guys think? What is your favorite cheat day meal?

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. I agree. Once in a while you really have to treat yourself and give in and cheat a bit. This is definitely and delicious Mac n Cheese. The bacon sounds wonderful too. I have been cheating a bit and digging into a bag of peanut M & M"s . They are soooo good and I cannot resist.
    This mac-n-cheese sounds wonderful and I am glad you enjoyed it. ~ Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum this looks so good! i love mac and cheese so much :)

    Puppies and Polka Dots

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear! it sounds & looks amazing!
    for me option without bacon,i`m vegetarian ;)
    jummie!
    pictures really inspiring me!
    you write such an interesting blog! tell me how about follow each other?
    Let me know,please. I always follow back:)
    have a beautiful day!
    keep in touch

    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. That look way too amazing!!

    www.Islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks absolutely delicious! I wish I was having this for dinner!
    As for my favorite "cheat" meal? I cheat everyday with sweets! haha

    Kisses from Buenos Aires xx
    http://amateandarottweiler.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, and the food looks so yummmmy.
    http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mac & cheese is totally my weakness!! I will definitely have to try this haha. It looks delicious!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Celyn and thank you for your visit!!! Here in Italy the name of this is : "pasta al forno" ..... and I like it very much!!! Congratulations for your work!!! I have a new post at my blog. Do you want to tell me what do you think? Kisses,
    Eni

    new post
    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/2014/10/abito-bicolore-e-decollete-neresecondo.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..its unbelievable xx

    claudiamedas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete