Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Grilled Cheese Diaries...Pimiento Grilled Cheese


There is this certain cheese spread that I've been eating since I was a kid that I really like called cheese pimiento. I love the combination of the two so I decided to make my own version in the form of a grilled cheese sandwich.  For this recipe I decided to use two cheeses: cheddar and monterey jack. And I also added in some roasted garlic to bring the flavor up a notch. The result was absolutely delicious! I mean how can you not love an ooey gooey grilled cheese sandwich right? Read the captions on each photo to see how I made this!

Ingredients: Cheddar Cheese, Pimiento, Sliced bread, Garlic Cloves

Put the garlic in a roasting pan or oven proof dish and slather some olive oil all over it.

Roast or broil the garlic for a few minutes, until they turn golden.

Start assembling the sandwich. The two cheeses first and then the pimiento on top.

Once the garlic is done roasting, mash it and put on the sandwich.

Add another layer of cheese on top of the garlic.

Grill the sandwich, about two minutes per side or until it is golden brown and cheeses are melted.

And voila! An ooey gooey yummy pimiento-garlic grilled cheese sandwich!

Eat it with your favorite hot beverage!

What do you guys think? 

Check out my other posts for The Grilled Cheese Diaries here and here 

Hope everyone has a fabulous Thursday!

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!


Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

9 comments:

  1. There really is nothing like a good grilled cheese. Blessings, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decadent and delicious! I love the oozing cheese. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe is absolutely awesome *_*
    I love grilled cheese :3

    kisses

    Francesca http://everydaycoffee23.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm.. this looks delicious and yet seemingly not going to eat up (excuse the pun) one hundred minutes of the day to prepare! I hope your week is going well so far :)

    http://findmethoseheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    - I follow back on Bloglovin' -

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so yummy!
    Kisses


    NEW OUTFIT

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooey gooey cheese is the best! I'm drooling from these photos <3

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mouth. Is. Watering. This looks fantastic!

    xo, Amy Ann
    The Real Arnolds

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG i want to eat it right away. I think my dinner menu just changed to this sandwich.

    http://beautyholicconfusion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM. Just pinned that recipe :-) Love finding different variations of grilled cheese. I love salty/sweet combinations too---I've made a grilled cheese with pear & honey and it was delicious! xx

    ReplyDelete