Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Grilled Cheese Diaries : Almond Crusted Sandwich

I was inspired to make this by one recipe I randomly found online (sorry I can't find it anymore!) . The recipe I found used walnuts to coat the outer sides of the bread to make a delicious crust plus an assortment of cheese inside. I decided to make my own version and used almonds instead for the crust. Read on to see how I made it. It's so good!

Almond Crusted Grilled Cheese Sandwich




Ingredients: Olive oil with truffle, honey, slivered almonds, monterey jack cheese, goat's cheese and sliced bread

Mix the Olive Oil with truffle together with the honey in a bowl.

Chop or grind up the almonds so that they will be in small pieces like this.

Brush one side of each bread with the truffle olive oil and honey mixture.

Put the almond crumbs all over the outer side of the bread. The oil and honey mixture should make the crumbs stick and stay in place to form a crust for the sandwich.


Meanwhile, on the inside part of the bread, layer both cheeses. Put in as much (or as little) as you want.

Brush some more of the liquid mixture on the cheeses to put more flavoring.

The whole sandwich must have almond crumbs on both sides. This is ready to grill!

Put sandwiches on grill pan, press down and cook until cheeses melt and till outer crust browns.




 For a grilled cheese sandwich, It's a bit tedious to make, especially since some of the almonds fall out and make such a mess. The end product is so worth it though. It's so delicious! The Goat's cheese tastes great with the honey and truffle olive oil mixture. In every grilled cheese sandwich I make, I always make sure I put in a cheese that melts beautifully. The Monterey Jack does just that and it complements really well with almost any other kind of cheese that I pair it with in my grilled cheese sandwiches.

What do you guys think?

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!


Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

10 comments:


  1. Hello!
    I love your blog and the way you writes, congratulations!
    I'm have a blog about poetry, books and words, true words, love to have the honor of your visit!
    My dream it's be a writer, you can support me???
    you can translate my blog to your language,
    I am already a follower,
    Big kisses,

    http://vivendocomaspalavras.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God! This looks so yummy!
    I'm starving right now!


    Lovely post!
    Kisses,
    www.mfashionhour.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is probably the best idea EVER and can only be compared to the time my boyfriend decided to crust our french toast in mashed up cereal. brilliant!!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh! you had me really crave for that dear :)

    http://lavinajampit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My saliva everywhere.. This looks so yummy!
    Maybe you would want to follow each other on GFC? Already a follower of yours :)

    Brigita,
    http://www.lostinpattern.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds yummy!
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very delicious sandwiches!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude, that looks immense, I love melted cheese with anything sweet so I've got a really good feeling about this!

    ReplyDelete