Monday, January 20, 2014

Meat Free Mondays...Mushroom Salpicao

I am a huuuuge meat lover. I used to really hate vegetables and any dish that didn't have any form of meat. All that changed though when I discovered that salads could be yummy in so many different ways and forms - especially when paired with really good ingredients. I also  did some weeks eating the Lazy Lunch Club meals and all the dishes are completely meat free and they were so good! It just goes to show that there are countless ways to spice up ANY dish even the non-carnivore ones. 


Mushroom Salpicao

I am definitely still not (and never will be, I think!) a vegetarian/a vegan but eating meatless food has recently become more bearable with all the creative and yummy ways to prepare it.  One of my favorite non-meat items to eat are mushrooms. I recently had this thought of making Mushroom Salpicao. For those who don't know, Salpicao is a way of cooking  beef with lots of garlic, some soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. It's really good! I researched on ways to make salpicao (there are several out there who've also made it with mushrooms too) and I just kind of put together all that I read and came up with this concoction. Read on to find out how I made mine.

Ingredients: Salt, Pepper, Worcestershire Sauce, White Wine, Low Sodium Soy Sauce, Butter, an assortment of mushrooms (i used both canned and fresh), chopped garlic, chopped onions.

Saute the onions and garlic in some olive oil.

Add in the mushrooms and cook.

Once mushrooms are cooked, put in the  ingredients in this photo: seasonings, white wine (about 2 to 3 tbsps), soy sauce (1tbsp) and Worcestershire sauce. (1tbsp)

Mix all ingredients in the pan thoroughly, make sure it gets to all the mushrooms!

Add in a small dollop of butter just to make it a bit more rich and delicious. Let it melt and mix well with everything.

And it's done!!! 

You can even eat this dish with rice - it's so flavoful and for a moment you can imagine you're actually eating meat!

What do you guys think? What Meat-free Monday recipes have you tried out?

Follow me on:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

13 comments:

  1. I love vegetable stir frys, I am not all that fond of mushrooms but I do mine up with tons of veggies ... and spices... they are so delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que bueno y que facil de hacer!!
    Bss
    http://unvestidorconideas.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a very delicious meal! I may have to try the flavouring with veg and meat :D

    Amy | Kekidoll.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks delicious!! Love anything with mushrooms and this looks like a real winner! Thank you. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. look delicius!!! i adore mushrooms!!!
    kisses...

    http://zapatosrojosmoda.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pics! Love these styles! They all look genius!
    Thanks for your sharing and posting!
    Have a nice day!


    http://www.aekk.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a really nice blog and I follow you :)
    I hope you can follow me back :)
    http://chic-and-everything.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  8. im a vegetarian currently so this is definitely a recipe i have to try out!!

    xo, liz

    http://oyouclassy.com
    http://oyouclassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look absolutely delicious! Although I'm not a vegetarian anymore, I was for four years... there are just so many wonderful things you can make with vegetables.
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks good to me, I'm vegetarian and love mushrooms, there are so many different ways to cook them and diverse kinds--my favourite are cremini and portabella.
    /Madison

    ReplyDelete