Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Chicken in White Wine Pimiento Sauce Served with Herbed Rice

Ingredients: Chicken breast, garlic, pimientos, paprika powder,
garlic powder, salt and pepper, mushrooms, white wine, olive oil,
olives, lemon pepper (optional)



Close-up of ingredients, from left: : salt and pepper,
garlic powder, paprika powder, pimientos, chicken breast and garlic

Close-up of ingredients, clockwise: mushrooms,
white wine, Olive oil, olives, lemon pepper (optional), garlic powder, paprika

Season the chicken with salt and pepper.

Saute the chicken on olive oil until cooked.

After cooking the chicken, take it out and set aside. In the same pan, saute some chopped up garlic.

Add in the mushrooms, pimientos and olives with the garlic.

Season everything with paprika, garlic powder and lemon pepper.

Add in the white wine and let all flavors infuse for a few minutes.

In the meantime, we can start with our herbed rice. It is pretty simple. all you need is butter, chopped garlic, cooked rice and some assorted dried herbs. (I used thyme and rosemary). Melt the butter in the saucepan and fry the garlic for about a minute.

Add in the brown rice and herbs and a bit of pepper. (I like to use brown rice because it's healthier)

Once rice it done, scoop some up in a plate and we start assembling the dish.

Top the rice with the cooked chicken and then pour the white wine pimiento sauce all over it. Make sure it gets to the rice too!




 What do you guys think of this recipe? I think all the flavors in this dish go so well together..the white wine with the pimientos and mushrooms and chicken plus that delicious herbed rice. Yum! Let me know if you've tried this recipe or a similar version of it!

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe


All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

12 comments:

  1. Celyn, this meal looks favorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! :) x

    www.lilyinthelabyrinth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems to be a explosion of flavors! I'm hungry now :P
    Thanks for visiting my blog, maybe we can follow each other, let me know if you want
    Love
    www.desdemiszapatos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good!
    I may have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cooking posts, it always gives me ideas for my next meal! This looks yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so delicious.
    Follow each other? You can participate in a new giveaway to win $30 certificate on my blog: Fashion Talks

    ReplyDelete
  7. delicious ! ;D

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks amazing!!!! I just had breakfast and i'm hungry again!

    lilynotlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMMM, this looks amazing.

    http://itsmegsmind.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really tasty, especially when I just woke up ><"!

    -Miss Sennnaa
    BLOG: http://miss-sennnaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete