Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tuna Whole Wheat Pasta with Buffalo Mozarella

I'm always craving for pasta dishes. I keep trying to find new ways to make it and now that I'm kinda sorta giving up red meat (well on weekdays anyways, teehee) I'm also trying to find new ways to make meals without it. I also happened to have some buffalo mozzarella (which is not always something we usually have here) in hand so I was thinking why not throw it into a pasta dish. Read the captions of the photos to see a step-by-step of this Tuna Whole Wheat Pasta meal!

Ingredients: Buffalo Mozzarella, Olives, Pimientos, Whole Wheat Pasta, Tuna, Garlic, Onions and Tomatoes.


You might be wondering what that little green round thing is. If you're a regular reader of my blog, you'll know that I use it a lot in the place of fresh lemon juice. This fruit is called a Kalamansi, and it's native to my country. It's sort of like a tiny lime but sweeter and in my opinion milder than a lemon. For this dish, I squirted the juice of one piece all over the tuna - this takes out the fishy smell and taste of the fish. Anyway, on to the recipe. Continue reading the captions of the photos for the step by step!

Fry the the onions and garlic in olive oil.

Meanwhile in a separate pot, cook the pasta.

After about a minute of frying the garlic and onions, add the tuna. Cook it for a few minutes.

Add the pimiento, chopped tomatoes and olives. Stir and let all the flavors infuse all together for a few more minutes.

Once pasta is cooked, transfer immediately to the tuna sauce and mix well.

Cut up the buffalo Mozzarella and toss together with the pasta.

Serve and Enjoy! Don't forget to shake some grated Parmesan on top for extra flavor!

Pretty easy to make right? I love how the mozzarella slightly melts once added to the still hot pasta. Yum! What have you guys been cooking lately?

Follow me On:
 Instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe
Visit my other blog: life is a shoe

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

10 comments:

  1. Uma delícia e fácil.

    Bjos

    Aline
    http://comprasdemulheres.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recipe, I should totally try it! I'm following! Wanna follow back?:)

    http://fashionistalooks.blogspot.com/
    x
    Athena

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post :)

    Like your blog! Would you like to follow each other? :)

    XO MP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hunger that makes you this post! congratulations
    Thanks for your lovely comment on our blog!
    If you want to return to visit us and decide to follow our blog we reciprocate!
    Kiss kiss from Italy:)

    http://todayilook.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! My husband hates tuna so I don't know if I could get him to eat it, but more for me then!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, look amazing, tasty delicious <3
    What do you think about follow to each other?
    sasanka-sasaanka1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks sooo good! I've been browsing your blog and recipes and I love what I've seen so far! New follower :)

    Elizabeth
    http://glamcandyxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete