Sunday, September 29, 2013

Statement Sunday...Joy Gems

I love wearing (and also love advocating other people to wear) statement jewelry and accessories! Though I sometimes shop for these from big chain stores like H&M or Forever 21, I find that some of the pieces look too mainstream and lacks that "one-of-a-kind factor". I kind of get sick at looking at pieces that 1 million other people have, no matter how they pretty they are. Owning and finding unique jewelry and accessories is such a thrill and a favorite occupation of mine. There's nothing I love more than collecting pieces from whatever country I've visited or from a brand or designer that aren't so well known. The more unusual and unique, the better!

These latest acquisitions of mine are from a local maker/seller called Joy Gems. All pieces are unique and one-of-a-kind (though if you like a particular piece that's sold out, they can make one especially for you if you ask, like they did with mine!hehe)

{curlypurplepig's photo}

Don't you just love this? I adore the whole concept of the brass spiderweb with a colored gemstone spider to go with it. 

{curlypurplepig's photo}

Octopuses are so cute to wear as accessories. I was immediately drawn to this brass cuff with agate stone. The green and gold look beautiful together.

They make a lot of unusual pieces and a lot of them have creatures like crabs, bugs, serpents and more octopuses on them. I really love their designs! It's great wearing pieces that don't look like the usual generic chain store ones. It's definitely a must (for me) to own unique pieces like these in my collection! 

Here are some more pieces from Joy Gems that caught my eye and would love to buy in the future:

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

{photo from Joy Gems}

I am dying to get so many of their pieces! I gotta save up first though so for now, I will just continue to gaze at the ones I don't have. Haha. Which ones are your favorites?

Click HERE for their Facebook Page.

Have a happy Statement Sunday!

Follow me On:
 instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe

10 comments:

  1. Some of these are gorgeous, really interesting pieces, I might have to check these out!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are indeed unique and one of a kind. i love everything especially the earrings. :)

    REAlity Bites

    ReplyDelete
  3. These accessories are gorgeous! Thanks for coming by Luxury Haven! I'm following you now at G+ & would love to have you follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great!
    beautiful rings!!

    http://koluirina.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, great post, the jewelry is amazing!! that green pendant is absolutely fab!
    following you now!
    xoxo
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice gems jewerly designs. I work with GemPundit.com and love to explore new gemstones fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful casual all look…Such an inspiration and awesome look different from others!

    summer dresses for women / makeup looks
    facebook

    ReplyDelete