Monday, August 19, 2013

Asian Fish Fillet


I wish I could eat more fish but sometimes it gets really boring and tasteless. I really want to explore more ways to cook it so I can eat it more often and lessen my red meat intake. Here is one recipe I tried out last time which turned out pretty good! I didn't follow any particular recipe online, I just basically looked up ways to cook an Asian inspired fish dish plus I also cooked something similar during a 4 weekend cooking class i took a year ago, so i got inspired and made several variations to this dish and just improvised. Read on to see how I made it!

Ingredients

Ingredients: pepper, salt, sesame oil, soy sauce, toasted sesame seeds, black beans, calamansi (or lemon), ginger, red onions, garlic, tomatoes

Ingredients: Green spring onions, white fish fillet

Spread calamansi or lemon juice all over fish (this will help the fish smell, not so fishy), season with salt and pepper

Wrap the fish in foil  and make it like a packet. Put some slanted holes on top so the steam can escape while it's cooking

Broil the fish for about twenty minutes.

Chop up the tomatoes, onion and garlic. Grate up some ginger and cook all four together.


Add the black beans and cook for a few more minutes. Turn off the heat and sprinkle in the green onions.

Once fish is done cooking, remove from broiler. Pour the sauce all over. Put in some sesame oil on the fish as well for added flavor.

Close the foil packet again and let all the flavors infuse for a few minutes.

After a few minutes, toss the toasted sesame seeds on top. Serve and Enjoy!

What do you guys think? Have any of you cooked any interesting fish dishes lately?

All photos in this post are personal photos of curlypurplepig.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email add: curlypurplepig@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

Follow me On:
 instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe

6 comments:

  1. It looks delicious can you also cookit in oven or microwave.
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy....thanks for your lovely comment...would you like to follow each other
    http://thegirlsgallery.blogspot.com/2013/08/hauled-agian.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! following you now! i hope to see you in my blog sometimes. thanks!
    Kisses from VV!!
    www.voguelyvan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. very tasty!!
    Lets follow each other! I followed you! hope, you will follow me back!
    http://koluirina.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Que delícia... ótima receita!
    Seguindo
    Beijos
    http://esmalteetudo.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks marvelous but wonder if you could not just put the vegetables on fish before you wrap it and let cook together in oven, so flavors infuse while the fish is cooking? will try out asap

    ReplyDelete