Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas




I love a good chicken quesadilla! It's pretty easy to make as long as you have a grill pan and some tortilla wrap. I also discovered, that while making this, cilantro is like THE yummiest flavor! Ever. I do not get why some people hate citlantro. I think the it made the whole dish taste quite heavenly.


Anyway, back to the recipe. It is really easy and simple to make. I basically just combined an assortment of spices to make it taste more Mexican (I read about this combination from another blog), some cooked chicken, tomatoes, cilantro and lots and lots of cheese. Read the captions and check out the photos to see the step-by-step process!

Ingredients: chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, pimenton dulce (mild paprika), onion powder, oregano, fresh cilantro leaves, fresh garlic, Cheddar Cheese, Tortilla wraps, tomatoes and cooked chicken (last two both not in photo)

Mix all the powdered spices all together in a small bowl.

chop up tomatoes, cooked chicken, garlic and cilantro leaves

Mix all the spices and the rest of the ingredients in one bowl. Don't forget to grate the cheese and add it to the mixture as well!

All the ingredients




Spread some of the mixture into each individual tortilla wrap. Make sure you only put on one-half of the circle.

Fold it into half like this.

heat up your grill pan and spray on some olive oil.

Once pan is hot enough, put the quesadillas on top. Push it down to flatten it. Cook about 2 to 3 minutes per side till they have the nice grill marks or until cheese is melted.

Look at the ooey gooey yummy cheese inside!

Serve and enjoy!
                                                                       


       Eat the quesadillas with some salsa and sour cream to make it taste even more delectable. You may also substitute the chicken with other meat or even just make it a plain old cheese one.

What do you guys think? do you love quesadillas as much as I love them? How do you make yours?

Writing this post made me really hungry and made me crave for some quesadillas! I'm off to eat some now! Have a wonderful day ahead of you!

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email : celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. If you can't be bothered to send me an email and still want to use my photos, then please do credit them and link back to this blog. Thanks!

Follow me On:
 instagram: @celynps
Twitter: @celynPS
Pinterest: lifeisashoe

19 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog. Great recipe I add it to my chef tap its an apo to keep great recipes. I'm following you by gplus and bloglovin follow back on both thanks
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious...I must make this meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. P love quesadillas! She can eat them everyday! I need to make these for her. Pinned for later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! craving for some right now!! =9

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hungry now.
    I'm following you on bloglovin. Kisses!

    galerafashion.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ease and so yummy recipe. I will try it for sure!
    Miss Margaret Cruzemark
    http://margaretcruzemark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look delicious! I could eat a few of your quesadillas.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great! Would love to try them :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Love a good quesadilla.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ymmm! laying in bed reading this and its making me very hungry!
    xx,
    B
    www.cellajane.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG YES! Love quesadillas, adding these ingredients to my shopping list!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! So delicious:)

    bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  13. those look delish!

    www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. So yum!! I love quesadilla! It's so versatile and easy to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this recipe. It looks amazing.

    Hope you had a great weekend.
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete