Saturday, March 2, 2013

Simple Pasta Recipe


The other day, I made a really simple spaghetti dish. I actually make this dish quite often as the ingredients and steps to make this are super easy. You can just really use ingredients that you have in the house and this makes for a tasty quick dish.

I first made this with my sister a few years ago because we were hungry and there was nothing to eat in the house. We just basically fried up some garlic and onions with tomatoes, added a dash of milk and melted some cheese in the mixture and threw in a few dried herbs. It turned out really good!

Here is the one that I made recently:

Image


First the ingredients: You will need finely chopped garlic and onions, chopped tomatoes, milk, grated cheddar cheese, dried thyme, basil and oregano (you can of course use fresh ones if you have), cooked spaghetti and parmesan cheese.

Image

Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil.

Image

Add in the tomatoes and let it stew or soften for awhile. You may crush the tomatoes as you stir and then cover it  for a few minutes.

Image

Pour in the milk and stir for a bit (you can use cream in the place of milk if you want)

Image

Add in the cheese and stir it so it will melt and mix with the mixture well.

Image

Throw in the dried herbs and add some pepper as well. I feel like i don't really need to add salt because the cheese is pretty salty already. I also really looooove the taste of dried thyme with pasta dishes so I tend to throw in more of that compared to the other herbs. Add in the cooked spaghetti last. (you can use any type of pasta, I actually prefer angel hair but spaghetti was all we had at home at the time)

And voila! Here is the final dish! Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top and serve.

Image

It's really easy right? and it's so tasty especially if you add in a looooot of the cheese.

Extra tip: it is soooooooooo good to eat this with salami or cured ham (like jamon serrano or prosciutto) on the side. Just don't cook it with the pasta because that would be sacrilege (to cook cured ham). Eat it with this pasta, I swear the combination is so, sooooooo good!

Note: All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. Please email me (celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com) if you want to use them in any way. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. That looks so so good!!
    Well, my advice to you is to try it and then, share your opinion with me :p

    http://fiifashionblog.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete