Monday, March 18, 2013

Chicken Broccoli Salad

I have mentioned in one post before that one of my cooking idols is Ina Garten. She has a cooking show in the Food Network called the Barefoot Contessa and I just love watching it and getting inspired to cook. One of her recipes that I was really inspired to try out is her Mustard Chicken Salad.

Here's a short post on how I made it.

The Ingredients:


Roasted Chicken, broccoli, tomatoes, white wine, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. I'm actually not a huge mayonnaise fan. In fact when I was younger I used to hate it. But I've discovered that it actually tastes good once you mix it with other ingredients (like mustard and white wine) plus, the one that we have at home has olive oil in it so its better that most mayonnaise!


All the liquids plus the salt and pepper are whisked together to create the sauce.


Once you've cooked the broccoli, mix it all together with the sauce, the roasted chicken and chopped tomatoes. It's a great way to eat broccoli if you are not a fan! It's such a tasty dish!

For the full recipe of Ina Garten, click HERE.

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. It looks sooooo good!
    Kiss,
    www.detailsdestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like salats. Have a great day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I like salats!!! Looks delicious!!!

    XOXO
    Lady Wolff
    http://www.ladywolff.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm that looks totally delicious! I think I need to try this, thanks for the suggestion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing salad! I love it:)

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! It looks really good! I like the fact that you're combining
    fashion with cooking in your blog! I'm the worst cooker in the world...

    Besos, M!
    www.atouchofmylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete