Saturday, March 23, 2013

Aglio Olio Pasta

A few weeks ago, at dinner in one of the best Italian restaurants in town, my vegetarian cousin-in-law ordered a spaghetti aglio e olio. I normally ignore this type of pasta when I eat out because I always feel like I HAVE to order the meatiest and creamiest pastas. I didn't think Aglio e Olio which is basically just pasta with garlic, would fill me up.

Well I was wrong because once I tried it from that restaurant, I was immediately obsessed with it! I scoured the net for recipes on exactly how to do it and found this YouTube video. I love how it explains exactly how to do it, it's so easy and simple to follow! This is by foodwishes.com and go and click on the video link to watch.




Here's how I made mine:


I basically followed almost everything in the video. The only difference is that instead of red pepper flakes, I used chili powder. And instead of  fresh parmigiano regiano i used the already grated ones in a can. Whoops, I know, I know freshly grated parmesan is better but this is all I had a t home. It still tasted good!



 Whoops again, I think I may have browned the garlic a bit tooo much BUT, it still tasted good! hehe.

Here is my finished product! Have you guys ever tried making this particular dish?

Once again, click HERE for the full recipe from foodwishes!

All photos in this post are personal photos of styleandchocolates.blogspot.com. If you want to use them or borrow them in any way, please contact me first! My email celyn_lifeisashoe@yahoo.com. Thanks!

18 comments:

  1. I'm italian and I go crzi for pasta aglio and olio, but we don't use cheese in thie kind of pasta, we usually put on top breadcrumd!!I know sounds weird but try and let me know!!
    paolasophia.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like its worth the try ... I am sure the garlic gives it a special taste.
    Yours looks really good.
    XX,
    **Bloglovin**
    * Style Id Net *
    * Style Id Net on Twitter*

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOo... This is fantastic, i must try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey if it still tastes good after substitutions, no need for the apologies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh yummmmmmmm!!!
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job.... It's an italian food!!!!!
    I go crazy for pasta!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pasta!!! thank you so much for your comment!
    I added you by g+ now! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Want us to follow each other by Bloglovin? let me know...
    Have a good week, dear! and my g+ for you...

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum- and it looks so easy! I need to give this a go. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy, great post
    http://aprettylife13.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spaghetti aglio olio is one of my favourite dishes - it's so simple but so delicious! And wonderfully easy to make at home, too; I don't make it as often as I would like and I think it's time I made it again :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so delicious!

    http://fashionoase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm...yummy!! Que buena pinta tienee!!
    Andrea Carro MiPerchaPesa.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! XOXO

    http://viplalaland.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it! XOXO

    http://viplalaland.blogspot.com.ar

    ReplyDelete
  15. thx for sharing! and thx for following me! will do the same!

    the STYLE Fringe BLOG
    http://the-stylefringe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete